Ahead of launching an exciting new Experts in Residence (EiR) programme the Innovation and Technology Transfer (I&TT) Porfolio is compiling a list of Experts to provide mentoring and advisory expertise.
The Expert-in-Residence (EiR) programme is a new SARIMA initiative with the objectives of
- developing human Capacity in technology commercialisation: by supporting the development of skills and enhancing the experience of TTO personnel and researchers in technology commercialisation
- accelerating technology commercialisation efforts at research institutions: EiRs will apply their skills, experience and networks to evaluate and move technology commercialisation opportunities further along the innovation value chain
What is expected of the EiR?:
- EiRs will be contracted on a consulting basis to a research organisation for up to 3 months full-time, or on a part-time basis as appropriate.
- In addition to advising, mentoring and guiding relevant Technology Transfer Office (TTO) staff and inventors (capacity building) on the commercialisation process, the EiRs would be expected to take an active role in assessing and driving existing potential commercial opportunities towards the market under the direction of the TTO and in collaboration with inventors as necessary.
What are we looking for in an EiR:
- seasoned entrepreneurs or sector/industry-specific experts
- demonstrated track record of identifying and assessing specific commercialisation opportunities
- developing appropriate go-to-market strategies with identified target markets and business models.
- strong networks locally and internationally (where necessary)
All those interested in signing up as an EiR please complete the expression of interest survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/35QQDVT by 31 May 2020. If you know of experts who you would recommend, but who maybe outside the SARIMA community, please forward this to them and ask them to apply.
SARIMA will shortly be extending a call for applications from TTOs.
Feel free to contact Zimasa Sobuza (I&TT Project Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org for queries.